Wednesday 24 February 2016

February 2016 Clarity Challenge - Love


This month's challenge offering is a simple, but I hope elegant card design that would be useful and easy to adapt to a number of different occasions. This was my valentine's card to my partner, but it could just as easily be an anniversary, thank you or birthday card using different colours and embellishments.

To create the card I used:

Claritystamp leafy swirls stamps (large and small, stamped end to end)
Claritystamp with love sentiment stamp
Black Adirondack ink pad
Offcut of wide red satin ribbon
7 red heart sequins (adhered with zigg glue)

The base card was matt black, and I stamped onto matt white card, and layered with a thin mat of red cardstock. I lined the card with white paper, and stamped the small swirl inside too, to compliment the external design.

 I struggled to get a good photo, so you'll have to imagine the ribbon and the little hearts catching the light!

Thanks for visiting, and if you'd like to leave a comment I'd love to hear what you think!

Susan x

18 comments:

  1. Love the red black and white makes this look sharp but great good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crafty - really appreciate your comments! Susan x

      Delete
  2. Very elegant - good luck in the Clarity challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving your feedback Jomada-Dawn, Susan x

      Delete
  3. So dramatically stylish, Susan. Best wishes in this month's Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelagh - I was a bit worried it was too simple, but I really liked the finished card, so went with it anyway! Susan x

      Delete
  4. Meant to add- your card would be so suitable for wedding/ anniversary invitations/suites. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Shelagh, and it was quite quick to do too, so perfect for invitations! Susan x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - I really appreciate your comments and feedback, Susan x

      Delete
  6. Very classy, a less is more card. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi - I think I'm a less is more girl, so I'm really trying to do a bit more mixed media and layering to get me out of my comfort zone - just not this month!!! Susan x

      Delete
  7. Simple design and dramatic colour choice; great card Susan. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara - really appreciate your comments, Susan x

      Delete
  8. Really elegant design. Love the rich colour of your ribbon and hearts. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for your lovely comments Lesley, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely elegant card Susan, just great. Thanks for joining this month's Clarity challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Angela - really appreciate your feedback, Susan x

      Delete